TOP News

Australia: Three removalists who tested positive to Covid-19 travelled across NSW

Victoria records one new COVID-19 case as apartment complex residents told to quarantine

  Victoria records one new COVID-19 case as apartment complex residents told to quarantine The list of Victoria's COVID-19 exposure sites is expected to grow as authorities determine the movements of a removalist crew and a family who flew in from interstate.Victoria recorded one new coronavirus case on Tuesday as residents of an apartment complex in Melbourne's north-west were told to quarantine for 14 days.

a close up of a sign: MailOnline logo © Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo

Three removalists allegedly knew they were infected with coronavirus before they drove out of southwest Sydney for regional NSW.

The men aged 20, 27 and 27 travelled from West Hoxton to Figtree in Wollongong, before stopping at several towns on their way to Molong, in NSW's central west.

Police caught up with the trio on Speedy street in Molong about 2.30pm on July 16 after being notified of the men who travelled from Sydney.

It is alleged that the three men had been notified they had tested positive to Covid-19 before making the trip.

map: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

Police escorted the men and their vehicles back to Sydney, and have been told to isolate for 14 days, before allegedly being issued Court Attendance Notices for breaching public health orders.

Here's what we know about the journey of two COVID-positive removalists who visited Victoria and SA

  Here's what we know about the journey of two COVID-positive removalists who visited Victoria and SA Two removalists who tested positive for coronavirus after visiting South Australia and Victoria last week have sparked concerns about possible local COVID-19 transmission. Here's what we know about their journey so far.Here's a look at their journey.

Minister for Police and Emergency Services David Elliott slammed the removalists for their disregard for the safety of others.

'This thoughtless act has now placed our regional communities in NSW at the greatest risk so far with this pandemic,' Mr Elliott said.

'We know that the delta variant is highly transmissible, and it is unfathomable to think that, with all the public information and health warnings, people could so blatantly ignore the health orders.'

State Emergency Operations Controller, Deputy Commissioner Gary Worboys said the new restrictions introduced on July 17 will hopefully curb people's behaviour.

'Currently, we are seeing millions of people right across this state doing the right thing being let down by a small minority who continue to be irresponsible and put themselves and their communities at risk,' Deputy Commissioner Worboys said.

No COVID-19 cases so far linked to removalists in SA, as Tailem Bend contact tracing continues

  No COVID-19 cases so far linked to removalists in SA, as Tailem Bend contact tracing continues SA Health is urging people who were at a third COVID-19 exposure site in Tailem Bend to contact them. Meanwhile, authorities are currently carrying out genomic testing on a man who tested positive on day 13 in quarantine.SA authorities listed the OTR Motorsport Park service station at Tailem Bend as an exposure site late on Wednesday, after it was confirmed the removalists — two of whom have tested positive — had attended between 7:20am and 8:15am on Friday.

'Today's strengthening of the health orders means that people will have to change the way that they behave.

a man standing in front of a building: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

'The greater restrictions will see police ramping up our response across all of greater Sydney and regional areas to ensure people comply with the health orders and that public safety is the number one priority'.


Video: Two further positive COVID-19 cases identified in Victoria (ABC NEWS)

In the past 24 hours police have issued 162 Penalty Infringement Notices and charged 18 people.

Four other incidents of note occurred across Greater Sydney and regional NSW.

A Mt Druitt man left his home to buy dumbbells in Blacktown, after being informed her had tested positive to Covid-19 at about 10.30pm on July 16. He was fined $1000.

Two Central Coast men have been stopped on the New England highway, south of Guyra, being issued $1000 fines.

Furniture removalists from red zones barred from Victoria

  Furniture removalists from red zones barred from Victoria Victoria has banned furniture removalists from interstate "red zones" from crossing the border for at least the next two weeks. The rule change came after two removalists travelled from NSW to South Australia, via Victoria, while positive with COVID-19.Under the new rules, furniture and removal vehicles will not be permitted to travel to Victoria from NSW.READ MORE: Thousands in isolation as Victoria records six new cases © Getty Premier of Victoria, Daniel Andrews has announced a ban on furniture removalists from red zones.

Two 27-year-old males were spotted travelling on the Pacific highway in Doyalson, and were both fined $1000 as they do not live in the same household or have a reasonable excuse to leave their homes.

A 60-year-old man after some peace and quiet, travelled from Turramurra to Hawks Nest to sleep in his car. He was issued a $1000 fine and directed to return home.

This incident has happened in the midst of new restrictions announced by Premier Gladys Berejiklian on Saturday aimed to completely shut down the southwest Sydney epicenter of the outbreak.

Fairfield, Liverpool and Cantebury-Bankstown residents were to stay in their local councils.

Residents cannot even leave for work unless they work in heathcare and emergency services until July 30 at the earliest.

Only 'critical retail' such as supermarkets and pharmacies will be allowed to remain open from 11.59pm on Saturday. Others will have to do click and collect or takeaway.

Construction, large or small, will shut and homes and businesses cannot use paid cleaners or have home repairs done unless urgent.

A breakdown of today's COVID-19 news in each state and territory

  A breakdown of today's COVID-19 news in each state and territory Saturday saw developments in COVID-19 news around much of the country. Here's a quick guide to what's new.Click on a link below to jump to your state or territory.

There were no new rules for regional areas outside Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Wollongong, Shellharbour, and the Central Coast.

Everything else can offer click and collect services for goods ordered online or over the phone which customers can pick up or have delivered.

Ms Berejiklian previously insisted that it was not up to the government to determine was was 'essential', but has now backflipped.

The vast majority of the cases in the outbreak, more than 80 of Saturday's numbers, are in southwest Sydney.

Ms Berejiklian now wants to quarantine them, and their 810,000 residents from the rest of Sydney, even if they are essential workers.

Residents of Fairfield, Canterbury-Bankstown and Liverpool local council cannot leave their LGA for work except for emergency services and healthcare workers, including aged and disability workers.

Where those workers do need to leave for work, they are required to be tested every three days, even if they do not have symptoms.

Read more

‘This matter is closed': Sydney removalists who brought Delta to Melbourne won't be charged .
Victoria Police said on Tuesday it had undertaken an assessment of the material provided by the health department and determined there was no evidence of further offending by the removalists.Police will not take any action against Sydney removalists who spread the highly infectious Delta variant to several people in Melbourne.

See also