Entertainment: Palace Releases Photo of Senior Royals From Reception Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Were Uninvited From

Meghan Markle's worst nightmare isn't King Charles, it's the Prince of Wales: royal expert

  Meghan Markle's worst nightmare isn't King Charles, it's the Prince of Wales: royal expert Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reunited with the royal family for Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral. But royal expert Neil Sean says the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's future with the royal family remains uncertain.That's what the headlines in the gossip columns say about the recent return of Harry and Meghan to the U.K., but the truth is much different.

Buckingham Palace has just released an official photo of King Charles III, Camilla, Queen Consort, Prince William and Kate Middleton at a reception held for Heads of States and official overseas guests on hand for Queen Elizabeth II's funeral.

According to the Palace, the photo was taken Sept. 18 at Buckingham Palace. In the photo, Camilla, Charles, William and Kate are all smiling and wearing black -- Camilla and the Princess of Wales in a gown and Charles and the Prince of Wales in a suit and tie.

This is the same reception, by the way, that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had been uninvited from last month. At the time, ET had learned that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were invited to attend the reception for world leaders, but there was an about-face when they were suddenly uninvited. As for the reason for the disinvite, ET learned that the reception was for working royal family members only.

Prince Harry and Meghan demoted on the royal family's official website

  Prince Harry and Meghan demoted on the royal family's official website The Duke and Duchess of Sussex appear to have been demoted on the royal family's official website. The placement of Prince Harry and Meghan's profiles have moved further down the page, sitting at the same position as Prince Andrew. It's the latest blow to the couple who are reportedly concerned their children still have not been given the titles of prince and princess. READ MORE: William, Kate visit Wales under their new prince and princess titles © Getty The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have dropped down to the bottom of the page on the royal family's website.

Harry and Meghan being disinvited to the reception had been among the seemingly growing list of signs that there were mixed feelings about how much the royal family wanted Harry and Meghan taking part in the queen's official funeral plans. It started with Meghan not invited to join the royal family at Balmoral Castle in Scotland following the queen's death.

“It's understood that the family wanted Prince Harry to be there, even though he was unable to get to Balmoral in time to see his grandmother,” Nicholl told ET.

Getty © Getty Getty

“But Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, was not, we understand, invited to join the family," Nicholl added. "She has said she will go to Balmoral another time. But I think it is quite significant that Prince Harry traveled to Balmoral on his own without his wife.”

Prince Harry and Meghan protected by bodyguard convicted of domestic abuse during UK visit

  Prince Harry and Meghan protected by bodyguard convicted of domestic abuse during UK visit The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been embroiled in a fresh controversy, weeks after the death of Queen Elizabeth II. It has emerged that a bodyguard who protected the couple during their recent visit to the UK has been convicted of domestic violence. Prince Harry and Meghan made private security arrangements for their return in early September due to an ongoing legal battle with the Home Office over whether they qualify for protection from the Metropolitan Police.

It was later reported that Harry, who arrived and departed Scotland solo following the queen's death on Sept. 8, would not be allowed to wear his military uniform for any of the events surrounding Her Majesty's death and upcoming funeral. There would soon be a change of heart, with a source close to the royal family telling ET that Palace officials informed Harry he would be allowed to wear his military uniform for the queen's Vigil at Westminster Hall. The source added that "it was a decision made without Prince Harry requesting a change." The gesture, however, was only a one-time permission, as Harry was not in his military uniform for the state funeral.

That being said, William extended an olive branch on several occasions -- from inviting him and Meghan to join him and Kate for a walk outside Windsor Castle, to waving Harry and his sister-in-law to sit with him, Kate and their children at the queen's funeral at St. George's Chapel.

RELATED CONTENT:

Queen Elizabeth's Dog Trainer Says Corgis Are 'Perceptive' and Aware of Her Death (Exclusive)

Meghan's podcast returns after death of Queen Elizabeth with all references to royal family cut .
The podcast hosted by the Duchess of Sussex has returned to the airwaves nearly a month after the death of Queen Elizabeth II. Episode four of Archetypes went live on Spotify on Tuesday October 4 after it was put on hold during the official mourning period. In it, Meghan spoke about her childhood growing up in a multicultural Los Angeles with the duchess revealing she used to frequent a Korean bathhouse with her mother – and they both had to bathe nude.Watch the video above.READ MORE: Intimate photos of Harry and Meghan shared by photographer © Spotify Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, is back hosting her podcast Archetypes.

See also