Tech & Science : Mercato: Azpilicueta will extend in Chelsea, Barça loses one of its priority targets

Azpilicueta says he has stayed 'at home' by signing contract extension

  Azpilicueta says he has stayed 'at home' by signing contract extension Captain Azpilicueta signed a two-year deal last week to end doubts about his future with Barcelona having been keen to sign him this summer. He was due to be out of contract at the end of last season before triggering a one-year extension after hitting a pre-agreed number of appearances in March. © Provided by Daily Mail Cesar Azpilicueta expressed his delight after deciding to remain 'at home' at Chelsea The 32 year-old defender said: ‘I am really happy. Of course, it has been a crazy last few months.

Cesar AZPILICUETA © icon Cesar Azpilicueta

A defensive track flies away for Barça. At the end of the contract in a year and announced in the viewfinder of the Blaugrana club for very long weeks , César Azpilicueta will finally extend two seasons in Chelsea, announced the journalist specialist in FC Barcelona, ​​Gerard Romero, this Thursday.

>> All news and rumors Mercato Live

The 32-year-old Spanish defender wanted his future to be settled before the start of the Premier League, which begins this weekend. He made his decision this Thursday morning and immediately announced it to Barcelona leaders and Xavi, who had made the former Marseillais one of their priorities in defense.

Barcelona agree deal for Sevilla's Kounde

  Barcelona agree deal for Sevilla's Kounde Barcelona have agreed a deal with Sevilla for defender Jules Kounde, with the Catalan club pipping Chelsea to the France international. Sky Sports News reported last week that Chelsea were confident of signing the French international defender, but the 23-year-old has chosen to remain in Spain and adopt Barcelona colours.

Other reinforcements expected at Barça

arrived in Chelsea from OM in August 2012, the Spanish international (40 selections), will therefore continue his beautiful story with the Blues. Under the London club jersey, he has played more than 470 games and wears the captain's armband very regularly since 2017.

despite a delicate economic situation, the FC Barcelona was particularly active since the start of the summer transfer window. The Catalan club released the checkbook to afford five new players: Raphinha, Leeds winger (58 million euros), Jules Koundé , the Sevilla FC defender (50 million euros), Robert Lewandowski , Bayern Munich's scorer (45 million euros), Franck Kessie, AC Milan midfielder (free) and Andreas Christensen, Chelsea central defender (free). A total of 153 million euros in spending, knowing that other reinforcements are envisaged by the end of the month. For Azpilicueta, however, we must forget.

Barça: Christensen and Kessié already on departure? This clause which could allow them to freely leave .
© icon Franck Kessie The American television channel ESPN announces this Wednesday that the new recruits of FC Barcelona Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessié could leave the club for free if they We are not recorded before the club's first match in Liga on Saturday against Rayo Vallecano. clauses that allow you to go free Christensen and Kessié both joined Barça freely earlier this summer, at the end of the contract respectively in Chelsea and AC Milan.

See also