3 dead in US school shooting, suspect arrested: Authorities
Police say three students were fatally shot, six other people were injured in incident at high school north of Detroit.Oakland County undersheriff Michael McCabe told reporters that three students were killed in a shooting on Tuesday afternoon at a high school in Oxford, a small suburban community 48km (30 miles) from Detroit.
A gunman opened fire at a Michigan high school on Tuesday, injuring between four and six people, according to authorities. © Provided by The Daily Beast WDIV
No fatalities were reported to have taken place during the terrifying incident at Oxford High School in Oxford, Michigan, which is located about an hour north of Detroit.
The suspected shooter, who has not yet been publicly identified, has been taken into custody and a handgun has been recovered, the Oakland County Sheriff's Department confirmed to The Daily Beast. The scene remains active and the school, which told parents in a message that it had “activated our emergency protocols,” is still under lockdown.
Three dead, eight wounded in US high school shooting
A 15-year-old student opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three teenagers and wounding eight other people before surrendering to police, authorities said, in what was the deadliest US school shooting so far this year. In February 2018, a man with an AR-15 assault rifle opened fire in his former high school in Parkland, Florida, killing 17, in the deadliest-ever high school shooting. Shannon Watts, the founder of the group Moms Demand Action, called for more action to control firearms, saying there are 400 million guns owned by civilians across the country.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired at the school around 12:55 p.m. local time. Multiple units are present, including EMS and SWAT.
“We are still doing a secondary search of the school for any further victims,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement. “All evacuated students will be located at the Meijer store for reunification with parents or relatives.”
This breaking story will be updated...
Read more at The Daily Beast.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
Michigan school shooting suspect posted direct threat on social media day before tragedy: lawsuit .
Oxford High School shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley made threats on social media before he fatally shot four students, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday against the school district on behalf of two survivors. Plaintiffs Jeffrey Franz and Brandi Franz are suing the Oxford Community School District on behalf of their daughters, who are current 12th and 9th-grade students at Oxford High School — one of whom was shot in the neck and one of whom "narrowly escaped" bullets "discharging toward her." The complaint was filed Thursday in a Michigan district court.