By The Numbers: Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2 top stats from first fight
By The Numbers: Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2 top stats from first fightDuring the first fight, Usyk landed 149 punches against Joshua, the most ever by an opponent of Joshua’s. He also connected on 29 punches in the final round, easily the most landed against Joshua ever in any round.
Here are the seven stories you'll hear about on Tuesday, Aug. 16, 2022: © Provided by Sporting News
- NBA: Kevin Durant denies retirement reports, Ben Simmons reaches agreement with Philadelphia over withheld money grievance
- NFL: Tampa Bay signs outside linebacker Carl Nassib on a one-year deal
- MLB: Fernando Tatis Sr. calls his son’s 80-game ban for PED violations a “catastrophe” for his reputation, blames ringworm medication
- BOXING: Anthony Joshua tells The Sporting News why he’s brought in Robert Garcia as trainer for his rematch against Oleksandr Usyk
- GOLF: Tiger Woods set to address fellow PGA Tour pros over the threat of LIV Golf, Cameron Smith withdraws from the BMW Championship
- TENNIS: Emma Raducanu calls the chance to face Serena Williams a privilege ahead of their meeting in Cincinnati
- SOCCER: Liverpool’s poor start to the Premier League season continues with a draw at home to Crystal Palace as well as a red card for new signing Darwin Nunez
The Sporting News 7 is a unique take on the day’s biggest talking points in sports, and you can find it on Spotify, Apple or wherever you get your podcasts.
Nets boost NBA championship odds by not trading Kevin Durant. But Brooklyn has a lot to overcome .
Last season, the Brooklyn Nets remained favorites through injury and COVID-19. But now, the lingering drama has caused bookmakers to yield.Brooklyn became the 7/1 fifth choice at Tipico Sportsbook to win their first NBA title, slotted behind Eastern Conference rivals Boston Celtics (+450 favorite) and Milwaukee Bucks (+600).