Met Office keeps amber and yellow warnings in place after Storm Arwen batters the UK
Met Office keeps amber and yellow warnings in place after Storm Arwen batters the UKAlthough the extremely rare red weather warning expired in the early hours of the morning on Saturday, the Met Office said that amber and yellow warnings for wind remained in place, with the expectation of “some very strong gusts” in many areas.
Pictures have revealed the scale of damage caused to the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! base during Storm Arwen.
Earlier this week ITV bosses were forced to cancel the live scheduled programming for Friday (November 26) due to adverse weather conditions.
It was the first time an episode had been cancelled in 19 years.
Read more: You can follow our TV stories here. © Daily Post Wales Repairs on site on Sunday © Daily Post Wales The storm has caused a lot of disruption to the show
That evening the region faced an amber "threat to life" weather warning, which brought winds of up to 80mph, causing damage and disruption which is still being felt today, North Wales Live reports.
I'm A Celeb... stars exit Gwrych Castle amid Storm Arwen chaos!
The contestants of this year's 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!' have been forced to exit the castle after Storm Arwen caused damage.The likes of Frankie Bridge, Naughty Boy and David Ginola have left Gwrych Castle in North Wales after huge gusts of wind created chaos for the ITV programme, leading to bosses cancelling both of this weekend's episodes.
During the storm, the production marquees at Gwrych Castle in Abergele sustained "significant damage".
The base experienced severe technical issues due to the damage, and ITV was forced to also cancel the scheduled programming for Saturday and Sunday as well.
As a result, all but a skeleton crew of "essential staff" were evacuated from the site. © Daily Post Wales At least the spider didn't blow away © Daily Post Wales
Initially, the celebrities remained at the castle but ITV producers later reversed their decision and the campmates were also removed from the castle.
The celebrities have returned to the quarantine rules that they had in place before entering the castle for the first time, and are now isolating on their own.
Frankie Bridge 'begs to wash her dirty knickers as they reek of fish'
The Saturdays singer, 32, is said to have been successful in her petition, with herself and her fellow campmates being granted permission to thoroughly scrub their smelly underwear . © Provided by Daily Mail ( A source told The Sun: 'Frankie only asked two questions when the celebrities were taken out of came, did Storm Arwen affect Surrey where her family are and could she wash her knickers?'She really petitioned hard for her pants and moaned that they stank of fish guts and offal... ITV bosses took pity on her and gave her the green light to give them a good wash back in isolation.
ITV confirmed that once production is safe to continue, the celebrities will return to the castle and the show will resume.
But sources have said the show could be pushed back or even cancelled indefinitely to try and figure out what was and wasn't damaged.
At the moment there is no timescale for the quarantine or how long it will take for the damage caused to be repaired.
Insiders told The Sun Newspaper that the show could be delayed for a long time as they try and understand "where they go from here" after the damage from the storm during the weekend. © Daily Post Wales © Daily Post Wales
The source allegedly said: “This is a crushing blow. No one anticipated the disaster that this storm would cause and it has completely blindsided us.
“The worst damage is to one of our three production areas — the tent where we keep the scanners, the TV editing suite, the production office and our IT equipment. From the outside, it is wrecked.
“At the moment, we still don’t know what the damage done to the equipment is, as we can’t go in until it has been declared safe.
“But we need time to get everything fixed and the break buys us some time. We are hoping against hope it will be enough and that we can return on Monday.
“To go ahead then, we also need the green light to bring more staff back on set. But at the moment, nothing is guaranteed.”
To get the latest email updates from WalesOnline click here
Storm Arwen: Almost 300 British military personnel deployed to support worst-hit areas .
Royal Marines are assisting civil authorities in the worst-hit areas and performing door-to-door checks on vulnerable people . Storm Arwen has been linked to four deaths, including that of a vulnerable person in Northumberland whose home was one of at least 155,000 left without power. Eighty soldiers have now been deployed to Northumberland to check on vulnerable people and assess where additional support is needed. Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said: “Our dedicated Armed Forces personnel are working side by side with civil authorities to provide essential support to communities impacted by Storm Arwen.