Johnny Nelson says it is 'not impossible' for Anthony Joshua to win his rematch vs Oleksandr Usyk
Anthony Joshua has every chance of beating Oleksandr Usyk in their rematch, according to Johnny Nelson. Joshua was heavily criticised after being comfortably outclassed by the Ukrainian at the Tottenham Hotspur last September, which saw him lose the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight world titles. Now he will have the chance to win them […]Joshua was heavily criticised after being comfortably outclassed by the Ukrainian at the Tottenham Hotspur last September, which saw him lose the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight world titles.
© Getty Images Anthony Joshua
With just one month to go until Anthony Joshua's rematch against Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk, it's now been confirmed that the heavyweight clash will be broadcast on Sky Sports Box Office. Joshua previously was contracted to Sky Sports, who have shown all of his professional fights since he entered the sport in 2012. The 32-year-old recently signed a big money deal with rival broadcasters DAZN, but their agreement will only come into play after the Usyk rematch on August 20. The Brit heads to Saudi Arabia looking to reclaim his IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles after losing them via a unanimous decision back in September last year. Joshua has already experienced rematch success in Saudi Arabia when he boxed Andy Ruiz Jr in Diriyah in December 2019, sealing a points victory to regain his world belts. Adam Smith, Head of Boxing Development for Sky Sports, said: "Sky Sports viewers have enjoyed a long history with AJ, watching his every fight since he turned professional in 2013. "We also know Oleksandr Usyk very well, having had the last four of the Ukrainian's fights exclusively live on Sky Sports. "This rematch is a massive occasion with everything on the line and so many questions to be answered. We can't wait to bring it to boxing fans in the UK & Ireland in true Sky Sports fashion with all the build-up it deserves."
READ MORE: Usyk vs Joshua news: Big hitters confirmed for undercard
Oleksandr Usyk 'uncertainty' vs Anthony Joshua addressed by WBA in lengthy statement .
THE WBA sanctioning body has released a lengthy statement regarding the upcoming contest.The World Boxing Association (WBA) sanctioning body has released a statement regarding the recent weight gain of Oleksandr Usyk ahead of his August 20 showdown with Anthony Joshua and has raised that it "airs a lot of uncertainty about what will happen" when they fight. Usyk appears to have packed on the muscle ahead of the second fight and it was recently revealed by former world champion Amir Khan -- who joined him in camp on Tuesday -- that the Ukrainian has gained 15kg since his last fight with 'AJ'.