Sport: Newcastle United fans all say the same thing as Allan Saint Maximin James Maddison clip re-emerges

"Newcastle would drive him there" - Journalist now drops big exit claim on £93k-p/w ace

  Newcastle United would drive Allan Saint-Maximin to Chelsea this summer, claims transfer insider Dean Jones. The Frenchman has been linked to the Blues, and Jones says his current club are keen to cash in on him. What is the latest news involving Saint-Maximin? According to The Athletic, Chelsea are one side who have made an […]The Frenchman has been linked to the Blues, and Jones says his current club are keen to cash in on him.

An old video of Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin saying he 'loves' James Maddison has re-emerged amid reports that the Magpies have put in a bid for the Leicester City midfielder. In the video, which Saint-Maximin posted in February 2020, the winger is playing with a Puma Instagram filter named 'Which spark player are you?'.

The filter scrolls through a number of high-profile footballers, including Kylian Mbappe, before landing on James Maddison. The Frenchman's reaction: "Oh, yes, I love this player" has got fans talking.

Even though the post is now over two years ago, fans are excited at the prospect of seeing Maddison link up with Saint-Maximin at St James' Park.

McAvennie says Saint-Maximin will stay at Newcastle

  McAvennie says Saint-Maximin will stay at Newcastle Allan Saint-Maximin has an uncertain future at Newcastle United with Eddie Howe reportedly keen to cash in on the 25-year-old amid interest from Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur, but Frank McAvennie believe he’ll end up staying. Saint-Maximin has been linked with a £40m move away from Newcastle after finishing as the club’s top assist-maker and second-best goalscorer last season, but McAvennie says Howe should keep him at St James’ Park. He toldSaint-Maximin has been linked with a £40m move away from Newcastle after finishing as the club’s top assist-maker and second-best goalscorer last season, but McAvennie says Howe should keep him at St James’ Park.

READ MORE: Newcastle United notes: Staggering crowd, Howe's biggest decision and Bilbao 1994 revisited

Magpies fan @MrMMYassin said on Twitter: "Chat to Maddison for us Allan #NUFC." @sambrent1982 said: "Written in the stars."

@MarkMazzocchi replied: "AnnounceMaddison," while @archieross09 commented: "@saintmaximin knows. Pure baller. #nufc make it happen."

@Deeej_89 said: "Get him in!"

Reports have stated that Leicester have rejected a £40 million bid from Newcastle for Maddison. The Foxes are believed to value the 25-year-old at closer to £60 million.

When asked about Maddison's situation, Newcastle boss Eddie Howe commented: “There’s nothing I can say. We’d love to add to the squad before Saturday’s game, but there’s no guarantee on that.”

Three ways Newcastle United could line up with James Maddison

  Three ways Newcastle United could line up with James Maddison Newcastle United have reportedly seen an opening offer for James Maddison turned down and here is a look at how the Leicester City playmaker could fit into Eddie Howe's sideHowe has already landed long-time defensive target Sven Botman, as well as securing permanent deals for Nick Pope and Matt Targett. However, Newcastle have so far been frustrated in their efforts to sign attackers in the summer window.

We want to hear your thoughts, so LOG IN and leave your comment below

READ NEXT:

  • Newcastle 2-1 Athletic Bilbao player ratings as Wilson impresses amid Dubravka and Ritchie reminder
  • Newcastle 2-1 Athletic Bilbao as Allan Saint-Maximin goal ensures final pre-season victory
  • Newcastle United chiefs working overtime on transfers as Leicester demand £60m for James Maddison
  • Eddie Howe responds amid talk of Newcastle United bid for Leicester City star James Maddison
  • Newcastle boss Eddie Howe sends Callum Wilson warning to Premier League after impressive pre-season

Fabrizio Romano: NUFC still pushing to sign £60m gem, he could be "world-class" at SJP - opinion .
Newcastle United appear intent on signing the England midfielder this summer, despite having been rebuffed thus farAccording to journalist Fabrizio Romano, in his CaughtOffside column via Substack, the Magpies are set to make a further attempt to sign the 25-year-old this summer, having already seen two bids rejected thus far – the latter of which totalled a fee of around £50m.

See also