All pasta and no chocolate: What it’s like eating gluten-free on a cruise
“Will I be able to eat anything on this cruise ship?” is not a question you often hear about floating holidays known for 24/7 dining and enormous buffets. But if you have celiac disease, like my mom, it’s a logical concern. I had invited my mom to join my kids and me on a seven-night …I had invited my mom to join my kids and me on a seven-night Caribbean cruise aboard MSC Seashore from MSC Cruises, an under-the-radar line unknown to many Americans. In fact, though I’ve written about cruising for almost 20 years, I’d never sailed with that line. Its dining options were not familiar to me, so I couldn’t guarantee what gluten-free options we’d find on the line’s newest cruise ship.
Your mother’s birthday is a special day for countless reasons. For starters, she’s one of the most important women in your life, if not the most important. She is responsible for raising you and loving you unconditionally. Needless to say, she deserves all the praise on the day that marks her entry into the world. So, it's important to celebrate her with birthday wishes and messages that will warm her heart.
But trying to encapsulate what your mother means to you can be challenging. Thankfully, we’re here to help. To tackle writer’s block, we’ve compiled some of the best birthday wishes for moms to be your inspiration. Does your mother appreciate sincere and meaningful sentiments or is she the unofficial comedian of the family who’s always cracking jokes? Whether she’s sentimental or lighthearted, birthday wishes from this comprehensive roundup will make her feel honored and loved.
Melanie Griffith celebrates 65th birthday with Eva Longoria
The actress also wrote a short message in her post's caption that read: 'My 65th birthday dinner was absolutely fabulous. I am so privileged to have, and so very grateful for, my family and my friends.'The performer appeared to be enjoying the company of her friends and family during the event, which was also attended by Eva Longoria.
While these birthday messages can stand alone as a text, inside a card or on social media as an Instagram caption — they can also accompany a thoughtful and unique gift. Attach them to a card along with your birthday present and you’re guaranteed to make her smile with delight.
They also work if you're looking to honor your step-mom, mother-in-law, grandma or another special maternal figure in your life who has always been there for you. So these funny, heartwarming and touching birthday wishes can be your way of reciprocating that affection.
And don't forget to check out our birthday wishes for brothers, best friends and sons and daughters.
Short and Sweet Birthday Wishes for Your Mom
© Maskot - Getty Images gettyimages-1345166620
- Happy birthday, mom! I love you!
- Happy birthday to the best mother in the universe!
- Wishing the sweetest woman in the world a happy birthday.
- Time to make some wishes, mom. Happy birthday!
- Mothers are the best gift. Happy birthday!
- I can’t wait to celebrate your special day with you. Happy birthday!
- Cheers to another trip around the sun!
- Happy cake day! Enjoy.
- You’re the best mother anyone could ever ask for. Happy birthday!
- Wishing you the best birthday yet!
- Happy birthday to my favorite person in the whole world.
- Happy birthday, my beloved mother.
- Happy birthday to my kind and loving mom!
- Today we honor and celebrate you, mom!!
- I’m the luckiest person to have a mom like you. Happy birthday!
- You’re one-of-a-kind and I love you so much. Happy birthday, mom!
- I love you today, tomorrow and forever. Happy birthday, mom!
- Wishing the most wonderful mom the best birthday ever!
- Happy birthday to the person who loves me unconditionally.
- Happy birthday to my biggest cheerleader!
- Wishing my one and only mother a very happy birthday.
Touching Birthday Wishes for Your Mom
© Adene Sanchez - Getty Images gettyimages-1319926402
- You always know what to say to brighten even my darkest days. Happy birthday, mom.
- Happy birthday to the woman who sacrificed so much for me. I simply adore you!
- Thank you for being a shoulder I can always lean on no matter what. I love you so much. Happy birthday!
- You’ve always been my biggest supporter. Wishing you the absolute best birthday, mom!
- Mothers are the greatest gift that anyone could ever have. I’m so grateful to have you in my life. Happy birthday!
- Moms know how to make everything better — and for that, I’m forever grateful. Happy birthday to my favorite girl.
- You’re one of the best parts of my life and I’m so proud to call you, my mother. Wishing you a wonderful birthday.
- Happy birthday to my best friend. Thank you for being you. Happy birthday, mom.
- You’ve always been one of my biggest inspirations. Wishing you the best on your personal new year!
- As I look back on my life, I owe you everything and then some. Today, we celebrate you. Happy birthday, mom!
- Thank you for being such an awesome role model for me. You will always be my biggest inspiration. Happy birthday, mom.
- If I’m even half the woman you are, I’ll be grateful. Happy birthday to my fearless and beautiful mom.
- No matter what I’m going through, you always know how to make me feel better. I appreciate you more than you’ll ever know. I love you, mom. Happy birthday!
- I look back fondly on my childhood and you’re responsible for that. Thank you for being the best mother ever. Happy birthday!
- Nothing could ever break our special bond. I’m lucky to have such a loving mother. Happy birthday!
- I can always count on you to lift me when I’m low and encourage me to keep going at my heights. Thank you for being you. Happy birthday, mom.
- No one can make me laugh the way you do. Today, I hope to bring a smile to your face. Happy birthday!
- You’re always there for me and I hope to always return the favor. Happy birthday, mom!
- Happy birthday to the person responsible for shaping me into the person I am today. I love you, mom!
- Thank you for being my first teacher. I’m still learning from the best. Wishing you a wonderful birthday, mom!
- Today is your day to shine, but you’re always a star in my eyes. Happy birthday, mom!
- I’m beyond grateful to call you my mother and most importantly, my friend. Happy birthday.
- A mother’s love is something that you can’t put into words. I hope you always know how much you mean to me. Happy birthday, my dear mother.
- When you blow out your candles, I hope that all your wishes and dreams come true. Happy birthday, mom!
- When times are good and when they are bad, you’ll always be the best mom I could ever have. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to the woman who always knows how to make me see the glass half full. I admire your optimism. Happy birthday, mom.
- Your smile always lights up every room. Keep being a radiant light in our lives. Happy birthday, mom!
- No one can make me laugh the way that you do. Your sense of humor is unmatched, and I love you for it. Happy birthday to my hilarious mother!
- Today we celebrate the wonderful woman who makes us all smile. Happy birthday, mom!
- I’ve always admired your out-of-this-world beauty, but most importantly your kindness. That still rings true. Happy birthday, mom.
Birthday Blessings for Your Mom
© AsiaVision - Getty Images gettyimages-1350831936
- God blessed me with the absolute best mother on the planet. Happy birthday, mom!
- When I think about the wonderful people in my life, you’re at the top of my list. Happy birthday, mom!
- I’m convinced that God blessed me with the absolute best mother on the planet. Happy birthday!
- May God grant all of your heart’s desires today and always. Happy birthday!
- God blessed me when he made you, my mom. Wishing you a splendid birthday!
- When I look at you, I look at the wonderful woman I hope to become. Thank you for being the blueprint of an extraordinary woman.
- There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t thank God for making you my mom. Wishing you the best birthday ever!
- Your birthday will always be one of my favorite days. That’s because it was the day my wonderful mother was born. Happy birthday!
- May God continue to cover you on your special day and beyond. Wishing you a fantastic birthday, mom!
- You’re the epitome of what a good mother should be. God blessed me when He made you my mom. Have a wonderful birthday!
- Every day I thank the Lord for allowing someone as special as you to be my guiding light in life. Birthday blessings to you, mom.
- My prayer is that you get everything you want and more. You deserve it all. Happy birthday, mom!
- As you turn another year older, I know that God will continue to bless you. Enjoy your special day, mom. Happy birthday!
- May your birthday be filled with joy and endless blessings!
- My prayer will always be for your peace and happiness. Wishing you the best birthday yet! I love you, mom.
- I’m forever grateful to God for making me your child. Having you as a mother is the greatest blessing I could’ve ever received. Wishing you a wonderful birthday.
- There’s nothing like a mother and child bond. I’m so blessed to have you as my mom. Happy birthday!
- May the Lord’s blessings shower over you today and always. Enjoy your birthday!
- Today we celebrate one of God’s greatest creations: you! Happy birthday, mom.
- You’ve taught me to always count my blessings and those will forever include you. Happy birthday to my beautiful mom!
- I will always praise God for making you my mom. We have an unbreakable bond that I’ll always cherish. Happy birthday!
- Wishing you a blessed birthday. Enjoy, mom!
- I’m always praying that infinite blessings pour into your life. Today and every day, I wish you nothing but joy. Happy birthday!
- God continues to show me that unconditional love exists. You’re proof. Happy birthday!
- When the universe made us mother and child, it was one of my biggest blessings! Happy birthday, mom.
- Keep being the loving, caring and kind person you are and watch your blessings continue to flow. Happy birthday!
- It’s because of you I’m the person that I am today. May God continue to guide your path, mom. Happy birthday!
- There are no words to express how blessed I am that God chose you to be my mom. Happy birthday, mom!
- I’m truly the luckiest person in the world to call you an incredible person like you, “mom.” Wishing you countless blessings on your special day.
- Happy birthday to one of God’s most precious gifts!
Funny Birthday Wishes for Your Mom
- You deserve to be honored today. After all, you did give birth to the most amazing person to ever walk the earth: me! Happy birthday, mom.
- Don’t party too hard, young lady! Remember your curfew! Happy birthday, mom.
- Today, we gave you the day off — we bought your cake instead of begging you to make it! Happy birthday to the best baker I know.
- I’m pretty sure I’m the favorite child, but since it’s your special day, I won’t put you on the spot! Happy birthday, mom!
- Happy birthday to the one who’s seen me at my best and at my worst! And we all know there have been plenty of the “worst” days.
- Happy birthday, mom. Don’t you worry about getting a year older. It just means you’re getting wiser.
- Whenever someone asks me how I turned out so fabulously, I always tell them, “I got it from my mama!” Happy birthday to the most fabulous woman I know.
- Happy birthday, mom. Enjoy another 365 days of an all-expense paid trip around the sun!
- Even though my siblings always thought they were the favorite, we all know the truth. Right, mom? Happy birthday!
- I guess your birthday wish came true because you have me as a daughter! Happy birthday, mom.
- You gave birth to the greatest gift you’ll ever receive. Me! Happy birthday, mom!
- We may need to call the fire department with all of those candles on the cake! Enjoy your special day, mom!
- I brought you the best birthday present ever: me! Happy birthday, mom.
- If you weren’t born, I wouldn’t be here. So happy birthday, mom!
- Happy birthday, mom. May we drive each other crazy for years to come!
- Happy birthday to the woman who loved every cardboard gift I gave you when I was just a kid. The best part? You never threw them out, or did you? Happy birthday, mom!
- Happy birthday to the person who is perfect in every way. Well, except for the cooking. Grandma still needs to teach you some things in the kitchen. I love you, mom!
- Happy birthday, mom. With all my drama as a teen, it’s a miracle I didn’t send you to an early grave!
- Happy birthday to the woman who can spookily know what I’m thinking without me saying a word!
Creating Healthier Eating Habits For The Mom Who Survives On Wine & Her Kids' Leftovers .
80% of what mom eats every day should be nutritious, but the 20% can be whatever else she ends up eating. This is a good, and realistic, balance to have when you are trying to eat healthily, and it is sustainable. You may end up snacking on your child’s leftovers from time to time, but keep in mind that you deserve a full, healthy meal too.