Have you visited your state's most beautiful county?
Which are the most beautiful counties in each state, the most breathtaking borough in Alaska and the best parish to explore in Louisiana, from the places with the best cities to areas of natural beauty.
MSN has partnered with The Points Guy for our coverage of credit card products. MSN and The Points Guy may receive a commission from card issuers.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card is among the most valuable hotel credit cards for a series of reasons:
- It earns the most valuable hotel currency: Hyatt points.
- You can spend your way to top-tier Hyatt elite status without ever stepping foot in a hotel.
- It comes with an annual free night certificate worth up to 18,000 points (worth $306, on average, per TPG valuations).
The card currently offers a bonus worth potentially over $1,000 in hotel stays after you meet minimum spending requirements, and the included perks can give you a ton of value every year.
25 French Desserts That'll Make You Feel Like You're In Paris
Oh là là, nous aimons les desserts!
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for TPG daily newsletter.
When opening this card, there are a few great incentives to spend $15,000 on the card. I’ll explain what they are — and why you should consider this card.
In This Post
Why it’s special © The Points Guy (Photo courtesy of Hyatt)
There are three big reasons you might want to invest $15,000 in spending on this card — and they could easily amount to $1,300 or more in value.
Earn a valuable sign-up bonus
The World of Hyatt Credit Card offers an intro bonus of up to 60,000 points after you meet tiered spending requirements:
- 30,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening.
- Up to 30,000 more points (1 bonus point per dollar in addition to your regular earnings on up to $15,000 in purchases) during the first six months from account opening.
After spending $15,000 on the card, you’ll be sitting atop 60,000 Hyatt points. TPG estimates Hyatt points to be worth 1.7 cents each, making this bonus worth $1,020 in Hyatt stays. However, if you know the best ways to use Hyatt points, you can squeeze much more value from them.
World-class zoos to add to your family's travel bucket list
World-class zoos to add to your family's travel bucket list
Related: Sweet Spot Sunday: Booking the $800+ per night Park Hyatt Paris Vendome with points
Earn an additional free night certificate
The World of Hyatt Credit Card comes with a free night certificate after each account anniversary.
This certificate is valid for stays at Category 1-4 Hyatt hotels. This can be worth hundreds of dollars depending on where you use it. My husband and I used our certificate to stay at Lahaina Shores Beach Resort in Maui, which cost over $300 per night during our stay.
In other words, this benefit alone has the potential to offset the card’s $95 annual fee many times over.
But get this: When you spend $15,000 during a cardmember year, you’ll get another free night certificate, also valid at Category 1-4 Hyatt hotels. If you’re able to hit this spending requirement each year, you could easily receive $600 per year from free night certificates alone.
Your state's top pet-friendly place to stay
Planning a trip with your pet? There are plenty of US hotels which welcome four-legged family members. Whether you're looking for a budget-friendly stay, or a place where both human and animal guests are truly pampered, we've picked the best pet-friendly hotel in every state. (Be sure to double check hotel websites and take note of any state travel restrictions due to COVID-19 before you set out.)
Related: How to earn and use Hyatt Free Night Certificates
Gallery: The Top Purchases You Should Always Make With a Credit Card (GOBankingRates)
Earn elite night credits
The World of Hyatt Credit Card comes with automatic Discoverist elite status, and gives you 5 elite night credits per calendar year just for having the card. But it also gives you the ability to earn 2 additional elite night credits for every $5,000 you spend. The amount of elite night credits you can earn is uncapped.
By spending $15,000 on this card, you’ll earn an additional 6 elite night credits. For those chasing Hyatt elite status, this can be a big deal. Here’s what you need to earn Hyatt elite status:
- Discoverist: 10 elite nights in a calendar year (comes automatically with the World of Hyatt Card).
- Explorist: 30 elite nights in a calendar year.
- Globalist: 60 elite nights in a calendar year.
You’ll also earn valuable milestone rewards as you earn more elite nights. For example:
- After 20 nights: two Club Lounge Access Awards.
- After 30 nights: one Category 1-4 free night certificate and two more Club Lounge Access Awards.
- After 40 nights: 5,000 bonus points or a $100 Hyatt gift card or 10,000 point discount on a Hyatt FIND experience.
- After 50 nights: two Suite Upgrade Awards.
- After 60 nights: two more Suite Upgrade Awards, one Category 1-7 Free Night Award and a dedicated Hyatt Concierge
Hyatt has, in many travelers’ eyes, the single best hotel loyalty program — and provides the juiciest reasons to earn elite night credits.
41 sweet potato recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert
Bake 'em, fry 'em, stuff 'em — when it comes to sweet potatoes, the possibilities are endless.According to NBC News’ health and nutrition editor Madelyn Fernstrom, sweet potatoes (aka nature's perfect carbohydrate) are classified as "complex carbohydrates," which means they're rich in fiber and digest more slowly in our system. This actually keeps the body feeling energized throughout the day and helps keep blood sugar stable. They're also packed with vitamins A and C, magnesium, iron and potassium.
Related: Which Hyatt Milestone Reward should you choose?
How to meet the $15,000 spending requirement
A $15,000 spending requirement is no small feat for many of us. To earn the card’s introductory bonus, you’ll have to meet it within the first six months of account opening. That amounts to $2,500 in spending each month for six months.
There are many ways to meet minimum spending requirements that you may not have thought of. Whenever you’re trying to earn a new card bonus, the obvious strategy is to funnel every single purchase through your new card. But there are other more aggressive things you can do, such as:
- Paying your taxes with a credit card.
- Switching your rent or mortgage to a credit card temporarily.
- Prepaying your insurance and utilities for the year.
- Adding authorized users to help you.
- Effectively prepaying for things like groceries and gas by purchasing gift cards for future use.
Some of the above strategies may come with a fee, but they’re usually worth it when you’re trying to earn a bonus.
Related: Running out of time? 5 ways to hit your card’s minimum spending bonus
How to earn Hyatt points © The Points Guy (John Greim/Getty Images)
Accruing Hyatt points is a worthwhile time investment. There are two cobranded Hyatt credit cards at the moment, both issued by Chase.
These hidden attractions are all in Germany
This European beauty boasts plenty of hidden gems.
The World of Hyatt Card we’ve already discussed.
Also available is the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card, which offers 75,000 bonus points after you spend $7,500 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
Additionally, you can earn Hyatt points by transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards at a ratio of 1:1. Because of this, the following cards effectively earn Hyatt points:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 60,000 bonus Chase points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 50,000 bonus Chase points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card: 100,000 bonus Chase points after you spend $15,000 in the first three months from account opening.
If you’ve got any of the above Ultimate Rewards earning cards, you can even convert the rewards you earn on no-annual-fee Ultimate Rewards earning cards such as the Chase Freedom Flex or Ink Business Cash Credit Card to Hyatt points. Read our post on how to do it.
Related: Here’s how to quickly stock up on Hyatt points for your next vacation
By opening the World of Hyatt Card and spending $15,000 within the first six months of account opening, you’ll receive:
- 60,000 points (worth an average of $1,020 per TPG’s valuations).
- One free night certificate at a Category 1-4 hotel (worth potentially $300 or more).
- 6 elite night credits (on top of the automatic 5 elite night credits you’ll get each year with the card)
That’s a no-brainer deal for a $95 annual fee. Even if you currently have the card and are debating whether to keep it, the card is certainly worth it for those who can spend $15,000 each cardmember year. The fact that you’ll get two free night certificates valid at Category 1-4 hotels means you could well receive $600 in value from the card per year, depending on where you use them.
Feature photo by Jeffrey Greenberg/Universal Images Group/Getty Images.
SPONSORED: With states reopening, enjoying a meal from a restaurant no longer just means curbside pickup.
And when you do spend on dining, you should use a credit card that will maximize your rewards and potentially even score special discounts. Thanks to temporary card bonuses and changes due to coronavirus, you may even be able to score a meal at your favorite restaurant for free.
These are the best credit cards for dining out, taking out, and ordering in to maximize every meal purchase.
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
The last stunning, unspoiled places on Earth .
The world might feel like a smaller place today, but there are still some remarkably remote and pristine places. From the sand dunes of Namibia to far-flung islands, here are some of Earth’s most unspoiled spots to marvel at.