TOP News

Entertainment: Bill Cosby Sued for Sexual Assault by Former ‘Cosby Show’ Actors

UK court: Arrested man is US fugitive wanted on rape claim

  UK court: Arrested man is US fugitive wanted on rape claim LONDON (AP) — A judge in Scotland ruled Friday that a man who has spent almost a year fighting extradition to the United States is Nicholas Rossi, a fugitive alleged to have faked his own death to escape rape allegations. The suspect was arrested in December 2021 at a Glasgow hospital where he was being treated for COVID-19. He denies being Rossi and says he is an Irish orphan named Arthur Knight who has never been to the U.S. After seeingThe suspect was arrested in December 2021 at a Glasgow hospital where he was being treated for COVID-19. He denies being Rossi and says he is an Irish orphan named Arthur Knight who has never been to the U.S.

Bill Cosby © Mark Makela/Getty Images Bill Cosby

Bill Cosby was released from prison in 2021 after his 2018 sexual assault conviction was overturned — but now he will be answering for his alleged crimes in court once again.

Previously, Cosby was sentenced to serve up to 10 years behind bars for the sexual assault of Andrea Constand but the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that the prosecution against Cosby was an unfair violation of due process. As they cited, Cosby only made incriminating admissions of guilt under the belief that he would not be criminally prosecuted.

At the time, his release created as many waves as the initial wave of 60 women who came forward with the same story of being drugged and raped by TV’s most famous dad. But now, New York has passed the Adult Survivors Act, which allows victims the chance to seek justice for one year even if the crime happened after the statute of limitations ran out. Prior to this Act, rape victims had no option to pursue justice if they came forward after the statute ran out. This rule came under fire during the Cosby revelations when accusations came in from every decade of the actor’s long career.

Chris Pratt Isn't Welcome In Popular Franchise Being Turned Into A Movie

  Chris Pratt Isn't Welcome In Popular Franchise Being Turned Into A Movie Oh and keep Chris Pratt away from the Gears franchise, please, FFS.— Cliff Bleszinski (@therealcliffyb)Just over a week ago, Netflix announced that the popular video game series would get both a live-action film and an animated series, which will premiere on their service. The Coalition, the video game developer for the Gears franchise, is producing the projects alongside Netflix, although a director, writer, and cast have yet to be announced.

The passing of the Act allows five of Cosby’s victims to sue, including Lili Bernard, Eden Tirl, Jewel Gittens, Jennifer Thompson, and Cindra Ladd. According to Deadline, they accuse Cosby of assault, battery, infliction of emotional distress, and false imprisonment.

Phylicia Rashad Walks Back Bill Cosby Comments Amid Backlash

NBCUniversal Media, Kaufman Astoria Studios, and the Carsey-Werner Company are also named in the suit for their alleged negligence.

“Each plaintiff was sexually assaulted and battered by defendant Bill Cosby in the same or similar manner when he used his power, fame, and prestige, including the power, fame and prestige given to him by NBCUniversal Media, Kaufman Astoria Studios, and the Carsey-Werner Company to misuse his enormous power in such a nefarious, horrific way,” the filing says.

This story is developing…

All Charges Dropped Against Rex Orange County After He Presents CCTV Footage Disproving The Woman's Claims .
The footage disproves what the woman claimed.However, new evidence presented in the proceedings led prosecutors to drop all charges.

See also