Short rain - No relaxation in Saxon Switzerland
In the forest fires in Saxon Switzerland, rainfall did not bring any relaxation of the situation on Saturday. It was only rained for 15 minutes, said the spokesman for the Saxon Swiss Osterzgebirge district, Thomas Kunz, on the evening of the German Press Agency. The only effect was that because of the rainfall, smoke from embers had risen and they had become visible. "If the weather is not changing, there is no chance of improvement," said Kunz.
The Saxon Sport supports the fire brigades' emergency services in their fight against the devastating forest fires in Saxon Switzerland. On Friday, Sachsenlotto and the “Teamsachsen” initiative initiated a parcel campaign for the firefighters as well as rescue and emergency services with representatives of the Dresden Monarch, Dresden Titans, HC Elbflorenz, Dresdner SC Volleyball and the Dresden Eislöwen. 1200 breakfast packages were packed for the upcoming weekend. Another delivery is planned for the next week. © Fernando Gutierrez-Juarez/dpa/symbol image A fire brigade's ambulance drives on a street.
also third division football club Dynamo Dresden thanks all forces in use. The association and the players donate non -alcoholic drinks worth 5000 euros. In addition, all firefighters are invited free of charge to one of the next home games in the Rudolf Harbig Stadium and to the “film nights on the bank of the Elbe”. In addition, all helpers are made available to all helpers in cooperation with the Dynamo supplier (UMBRO).
Officials: Fire at Coptic church in Cairo kills 41, hurts 14 .
CAIRO (AP) — A fire ripped through a packed church during morning services in Egypt’s capital on Sunday, killing at least 41 worshippers and injuring 14. The church quickly filled with thick black smoke, and witnesses said several trapped congregants jumped from upper floors to escape. “Suffocation, suffocation, all of them dead,” said a distraught witness, who only gave a partial name, Abu Bishoy. The cause of the blaze in the Abu Sefein church in the working-class neighborhood of Imbaba was not immediately known. An initial investigation pointed to an electrical short-circuit, according to a police statement.