Russian soldiers drafted to Ukraine were told they wouldn't have to actually fight anyone, report says. Many of them were swiftly killed.
Russia misled soldiers drafted to Ukraine about what they would face, according to an investigation by The New York Times. In September, about seven months into the war in Ukraine, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the partial mobilization of the country's military reservists.The move called some 300,000 into action and gave them the same status as regular soldiers, Insider reported previously.
© supplied by News 360 Archives - Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergei Lavrov - Sean Kilpatrick / Canadian Press V / DPA
Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, said on Wednesday that American diplomatic officials assured that Washington would not send specialists in Ukraine to train Ukrainian soldiers in the use of Patriot air defense systems.
In an interview for the Russian television channel Chanel One, Mr. Lavrov stressed that this communication between Moscow and Washington was made by diplomatic channels that the Russian Embassy in the United States has always active.
"They explained to us long enough that it is not planned, precisely because the Americans do not want and do not want to fight Russia directly. The patriots will be put into action in a few months, the time that the Ukrainian army Control this technology, "he said.
The American administration of President Joe Biden announced last week a new military aid program of $ 1.85 billion to Ukraine, including the first delivery of Air Defense Systems Patriot.
In Russia, President Vladimir Putin quickly reacted to Washington's decision, ensuring that his troops would destroy all the patriots provided to Ukraine, and took the opportunity to criticize the quality of the American defense system while breathing out The merits of the Russian S-300 system.
Source: (Europa Press)
Russia warns US against ‘decapitation strike’ targeting Putin .
Russia’s top diplomat warned the US Tuesday against ordering a so-called “decapitation strike” targeting President Vladimir Putin. Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov talked about the alleged assassination plan in a wide-ranging interview with the state new agency Tass. “Some ‘unnamed officials’ from the Pentagon essentially threatened to carry out a ‘decapitation strike’ against the Kremlin,” he said. “Basically, we are talking about a threat to physically eliminate the head of the Russian government.” Lavrov cautioned: “if such ideas are, in fact, being considered by someone, that someone should very carefully think of the possible consequences of such plans.