NFL Power Rankings: Titans are 8-2, but it's hard to trust them as a contender
Mike Vrabel and his staff have done a remarkable job for the Tennessee Titans. The Titans offense that was built around Derrick Henry, and Tennessee hasn't lost since losing Henry. Tennessee's big splash addition was Julio Jones, who has been mostly a non-factor due to injuries and finds himself on IR. There are reasons the Titans are 8-2 and arguably the hottest team in football after six straight wins. And there are also reasons to wonder if any of this is sustainable. In this NFL, where each new hot contender immediately takes a terrible loss, the Titans stand out. They're not losing, and that has them looking like a bankable asset.
The New England Patriots (7-4) hope to keep their five-game winning streak intact in a Week 12 game against the Tennessee Titans (8-3). For more information on gambling and fantasy, join the SI Winners Club newsletter. Odds for Patriots vs . Titans .
This season’s Patriots games feature an average total of 45.1 points, a number 1.1 points higher than Sunday’s over / under. In 2020, games involving the Titans have averaged a total of 50.1 points, 6.1 more than the total set in this contest. Patriots stats and trends. New England has seven wins against the spread in 11 games this year.
The Tennessee Titans and New England Patriots play Sunday in a Week 12 NFL game. Which team will get the victory?
CBS Sports: Patriots faring well against the spread entering game vs . Titans . Tyler Sullivan writes: "This is arguably the biggest game on the Week 12 slate for what it could mean for the playoff picture in the AFC. After New England 's win on Thursday and the Bills' loss to the Colts on Sunday, the Patriots have now leaped into first place in the AFC East and are currently the No. 3 seed in the conference.
Check out odds, plays and more for the New England Patriots vs. Tennessee Titans NFL Week 12 matchup on November 28, 2021. © Provided by Sports Illustrated Nov 18, 2021; Atlanta, Georgia, USA; New England Patriots running back Damien Harris (37) runs the ball against the Atlanta Falcons in the second half at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports
The New England Patriots (7-4) will look to continue their five-game winning run versus the Tennessee Titans (8-3) in Week 12.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Patriots vs. Titans
View the original article to see embedded media.
- New England has combined with its opponents to score more than 44 points in five of 11 games this season.
- Tennessee's games have gone over 44 points in eight of 11 chances this season.
- Sunday's total is 9.8 points lower than the two team's combined 53.8 points per game average.
- The 39.2 combined points per game that these two squads have allowed this season are 4.8 fewer than the 44 total in this contest.
- The Patriots and their opponents have scored an average of 45.1 points per game in 2020, 1.1 more than Sunday's total.
- In 2020, games involving the Titans have averaged a total of 50.1 points, 6.1 more than the set over/under in this contest.
Patriots stats and trends
- New England has seven wins against the spread in 11 games this year.
- This season, the Patriots have two ATS wins in three games as a favorite of 6.5 points or more.
- New England's games this year have hit the over five times in 11 opportunities (45.5%).
- The Patriots put up 4.2 more points per game (27.3) than the Titans surrender (23.1).
- New England is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games when it scores more than 23.1 points.
- The Patriots average only 1.3 more yards per game (351.8), than the Titans allow per contest (350.5).
- In games that New England piles up more than 350.5 yards, the team is 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- The Patriots have turned the ball over 15 times this season, one more turnover than the Titans have forced (14).
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest spread, moneyline and total for New England's matchup with the Titans.
Titans stats and trends
- Tennessee is 7-4-0 against the spread this year.
- The Titans have been underdogs by 6.5 points or more two times this year and have covered the spread every time.
- Tennessee's games this season have gone over the point total six times in 11 opportunities (54.5%).
- This year the Titans put up 10.4 more points per game (26.5) than the Patriots give up (16.1).
- When Tennessee puts up more than 16.1 points, it is 7-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- The Titans average 354.1 yards per game, 40.9 more yards than the 313.2 the Patriots give up.
- Tennessee is 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when the team churns out over 313.2 yards.
- The Titans have turned the ball over 17 times, four fewer times than the Patriots have forced turnovers (21).
Home and road insights
- New England is 3-3 against the spread, and 2-4 overall, at home this year.
- At home, as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Patriots are unbeaten ATS (1-0).
- New England has hit the over in three of six home games this season.
- The average point total in Patriots home games this season is 45.8 points, 1.8 more than this matchup's over/under (44).
- On the road, Tennessee is 4-1 against the spread, and 4-1 overall.
- In five away games this year, Tennessee has gone over the total four times.
- This season, Titans away games average 50.2 points, 6.2 more than this contest's over/under (44).
Powered by Data Skrive.
Week 13 Rankings + Jamey Eisenberg's waiver-wire targets .