NFL World Reacts To Saturday’s Big Vikings News
Minnesota Vikings cornerback Bashaud Breeland was reportedly waived by the Minnesota Vikings due to some concerning reports from today’s practice. According to NFL Network insider Tom Pelissero, the starting CB got into a verbal altercation with coaches during today’s workout. He also reportedly “got into it” with several of his Vikings teammates who were trying […] The post NFL World Reacts To Saturday’s Big Vikings News appeared first on The Spun.
Check out odds, plays and more for the Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings NFL Week 17 matchup on January 2, 2022. © Provided by Sports Illustrated Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) is swarmed by teammates after throwing a touchdown pass to wide receiver Allen Lazard (13) in the first quarter against the Cleveland Browns during their football game Saturday, December 25, 2021, at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wis. The touchdown pass by Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) gave the all-time leader in passing touchdowns in franchise history.Dan Powers/USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin Apc Packvsbrowns 1225210401djp
The Green Bay Packers (12-3) will aim to extend their four-game winning run in a Week 17 clash with the Minnesota Vikings (7-8).
What happened to Bashaud Breeland? Why Vikings suddenly cut starting CB amid playoff push
Bashaud Breeland is no longer a Viking. Here's why Minnesota waived one of their starting cornerbacks in the midst of the playoff race.Bashaud Breeland is no longer a member of the Vikings. The team waived him on Saturday afternoon in a surprising move that few across the NFL expected.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Packers vs. Vikings
View the original article to see embedded media.
- Green Bay and its opponents have gone over the current 42.5-point total in 10 of 15 games (66.7%) this season.
- Minnesota has combined with its opponents to score more than 42.5 points in 11 of 15 games this season.
- Sunday's over/under is 8.6 points lower than the two team's combined 51.1 points per game average.
- The 46.4 points per game these two squads have surrendered to opponents this season are 3.9 more than the 42.5 total in this contest.
- Packers games this season feature an average total of 47.6 points, a number 5.1 points higher than Sunday's over/under.
- The 49.1 PPG average total in Vikings games this season is 6.6 points more than this game's over/under.
Packers stats and trends
- Green Bay has played 15 games, with 11 wins against the spread.
- Green Bay's games this year have hit the over on six of 15 set point totals (40%).
- The Packers average just 0.7 more points per game (25.5) than the Vikings give up (24.8).
- Green Bay is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games when it scores more than 24.8 points.
- The Packers collect 21.9 fewer yards per game (357.1) than the Vikings allow per outing (379.0).
- When Green Bay picks up over 379.0 yards, the team is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- The Packers have turned the ball over 10 times this season, 12 fewer than the Vikings have forced (22).
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest spread, moneyline and total for Green Bay's matchup with the Vikings.
Vikings stats and trends
- Minnesota is 8-7-0 against the spread this season.
- Minnesota has gone over the point total in 60% of its opportunities this season (nine times in 15 games with a set point total).
- This year the Vikings score 4.0 more points per game (25.6) than the Packers give up (21.6).
- Minnesota is 7-4 against the spread and 5-6 overall in games when it scores more than 21.6 points.
- The Vikings collect 44.1 more yards per game (375.4) than the Packers give up (331.3).
- In games that Minnesota amasses more than 331.3 yards, the team is 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
- This year the Vikings have 13 turnovers, 13 fewer than the Packers have takeaways (26).
Home and road insights
- At home this year, Green Bay is 6-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- This season, Green Bay has hit the over in three of seven games at home.
- Packers home games this season average 47.0 total points, 4.5 more than this matchup's over/under (42.5).
- Away from home, Minnesota is 3-5 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- In eight road games this season, Minnesota has gone over the total six times.
- Vikings away games this season average 48.8 total points, 6.3 more than this matchup's over/under (42.5).
Powered by Data Skrive.
Vikings owners reveal hiring plan for head coach and GM .
The Minnesota Vikings will be verymethodical when it comes to hiring their next headcoach andgeneralmanager this offseason. The Minnesota Vikings have to replace Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman as their head coach and general manager respectively this winter. Minnesota is one of three NFL franch ises who have to replace both positions this offseason, along with the Chicago Bears and the New York Giants. Because Minnesota has been the most well-run organization of this trio for the last decade, the Vikings may get the best candidates. However, not every head coach or general manager will want to attach themselves to quarterback Kirk Cousins.