MC&J: We close out the bowl season with the Rose Bowl, CFP, more
The long grind of picking college football winners this season has finally come to a close with one last barrage of bowl picksSeason ATS: 121-94-5 (64-56-2 National, 57-38-3 B1G)
Check out odds, insights and more in our betting preview for the Georgia Bulldogs vs. Alabama Crimson Tide CFP National Championship College Football Playoff National Championship matchup on January 10, 2022. © Provided by Sports Illustrated Michigan Wolverines defensive back DJ Turner (5) tackles Georgia Bulldogs running back James Cook (4) during second half action of the Capital One Orange Bowl game Friday, Dec. 31, 2021, at Hard Rock Stadium. Capital One Orange Bowl
The 2021 College Football Playoff National Championship is between the Georgia Bulldogs (13-1, SEC) and the Alabama Crimson Tide (13-1, 8-1 SEC).
Alabama vs. Cincinnati live score, updates, highlights from 2021 College Football Playoff semifinal
Sporting News is tracking live scoring updates and highlights from Alabama vs. Cincinnati in their College Football Playoff semifinal. Follow for complete results from the 2021 Cotton Bowl Classic. MORE: Watch Alabama vs. Cincinnati live with fuboTV (7-day free trial) Alabama vs. Cincinnati score Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 F Alabama 7 10 - - - Cincinnati 3 0 - - - Alabama vs. Cincinnati live score, updates End third quarter: Alabama 17, Cincinnati 6 6:16 p.m.: Brian Robinson's great game continues. He takes it 11 yards to the Cincinnati 44 to end the third quarter.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Georgia vs. Alabama
View the original article to see embedded media.
- Georgia and its opponents have gone over the current 52.5-point total in six of 14 games this season.
- So far this season, 76.9% of Alabama's games (10/13) have had more combined points than Monday's total of 52.5.
- Monday's total is 27.9 points lower than the two team's combined 80.4 points per game average.
- These two squads combine to surrender 28.8 points per game, 23.7 fewer than this contest's over/under.
- Bulldogs games have an average total of 50.8 points this season, 1.7 fewer than Monday's over/under.
- The 52.5-point total for this game is 9.4 points below the 61.9 points per game average total in Crimson Tide games this season.
Georgia Stats and Trends
- In Georgia's 14 games this year, it has nine wins against the spread.
- The Bulldogs are 8-5 ATS when favored by 2.5 points or more this season.
- Georgia has hit the over in 42.9% of its opportunities this year (six times over 14 games with a set point total).
- The Bulldogs score 39.0 points per game, 19.8 more than the Crimson Tide surrender per matchup (19.2).
- When Georgia puts up more than 19.2 points, it is 8-5 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- The Bulldogs rack up 447.9 yards per game, 149.0 more yards than the 298.9 the Crimson Tide give up per matchup.
- When Georgia amasses more than 298.9 yards, the team is 8-5 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- The Bulldogs have 16 giveaways this season, while the Crimson Tide have 20 takeaways .
- Find the latest spread and moneyline odds for Georgia at SISportsbook.
Alabama Stats and Trends
- Alabama has eight wins against the spread in 14 games this year.
- The Crimson Tide have been underdogs by 2.5 points or more once this year and covered the spread.
- Alabama has hit the over in 38.5% of its opportunities this year (five times in 13 games with a set point total).
- The Crimson Tide average 41.4 points per game, 31.8 more than the Bulldogs give up (9.6).
- Alabama is 8-5 against the spread and 13-1 overall in games when it records more than 9.6 points.
- The Crimson Tide collect 234.3 more yards per game (494.1) than the Bulldogs allow per matchup (259.8).
- In games that Alabama picks up over 259.8 yards, the team is 8-5 against the spread and 13-1 overall.
- This year the Crimson Tide have 11 turnovers, eight fewer than the Bulldogs have takeaways (19).
- Head to SISportsbook to find the latest moneyline, spread and over/under odds for this matchup.
What time does the College Football Playoff championship start? TV channel, halftime show for 2022 NCAA title game .
Here's everything you need to tune in to the 2022 College Football Playoff championship game.Yes, the 2021 College Football Playoff featured two first-time teams in No. 2 Michigan and No. 4 Cincinnati. But, once again, the national championship will be decided between No. 1 Alabama — making its sixth all-time appearance in the CFP championship game — and Georgia, making its second such appearance. These teams also met for the 2017 national championship.