Fantasy Football Tight End Exit Interview: Mark Andrews takes over
Tight end is one of the four major positions in fantasy football, but it’s probably the position we think about the least. Running backs are always prominent in our thoughts — even if you’re one of the managers who doesn’t want to draft them early — and a quarterback’s play has fingerprints over his entire offense. As we get the Exit Interview series started — my fantasy post-mortem for the 2021 season — let’s give Tight Ends some love. AfterRunning backs are always prominent in our thoughts — even if you’re one of the managers who doesn’t want to draft them early — and a quarterback’s play has fingerprints over his entire offense.
34 . M. MorrisM. MorrisPG.
Jokic scores 34 points, Nuggets beat Pistons 117 - 111 . — Luka Doncic goes off for 37 points to lead Mavs past Grizzlies. Luka Doncic tallies 37 points, 11 rebounds and 9 assists as the Mavericks defeat Ja Morant and the Grizzlies. All Basketball News. Regular Season Series.
First they closed at Sacramento with a 10-0 run for a comeback win and then they played two of the West’s contenders, Utah and Denver, into the final minutes with Sunday’s 117 - 111 loss within their grasp. Cory Joseph hit two paint jumpers to tie the game at 109 and 111 in the final two minutes and the Pistons got a stop after the second, giving them a chance to take the lead. That’s when the first of their final three turnovers occurred, Joseph having the ball poked away from behind by Will Barton. Nikola Jokic – reigning MVP who had an MVP-like 34 -point, nine-rebound, eight-assist stat line – hit
It wasn’t pretty but the Denver Nuggets finished their homestead on a positive note beating the Detroit Pistons 117-111. It was a competitive game throughout as momentum shifted frequently. Detroit’s budding star Cade Cunningham displayed his talents scoring 18 points, 8 assists, and 5 rebounds on 7-15 shooting. The Pistons had five players in double figures and four of them scored 18 each. Detroit played well, but Denver forced three straight turnovers to end the game as they sealed it from the free throw line. © Photo by Garrett Ellwood/NBAE via Getty Images
The bench saved the day for the Nuggets tonight. They scored 32 points in their last two games combined, but they erupted for 41 as Forbes and Nnaji contributed with 12 apiece. DeMarcus Cousins made his Nugget debut and although he shot 1-7, his physicality benefited that bench as his screens moved opponents into the parking lot. The Nuggets finish their homestead 4-2 and now enter a six game road trip. They will play six games in nine days including two sets of back-to-backs. They meet this same Detroit team again on Tuesday at 5:00 PM to begin the trip.
Blazers Fall to Nuggets in Nail-Biter (the other kind of nails)
With Portland fielding half a lineup, it wasn’t pretty.If you missed the action, you can find our quarter-by-quarter recap (or as much as we could do without losing our sense of humor) here. Once you’ve got that down...
Nikola Jokic had 33 points and 10 rebounds and the Denver Nuggets beat the Sacramento Kings 121- 111 on Friday night to end a two-game losing streak.
Popeye Jones, in his first season as an assistant with the Nuggets , is 2-2 while serving as the acting head coach. De’Aaron Fox had 30 points for the Kings. They have lost three straight and four of five. Denver used a 16-4 run in the first quarter to break open a close game. The Kings cut it to five, but the Nuggets went up by 20 late in the second on a Jokic 3-pointer.
The Nuggets have won 10 of their last 12 games, winning six of those games by double digits. Houston hit 11 of 35 from 3 but couldn’t make the defensive stops needed to hang with Denver.
With the loss on Friday night and Minnesota’s 119- 111 win over Miami, the Rockets moved into sole possession of the worst record in the NBA at 14-42. They’ve won just three of their last 35 games. Houston’s 2021 first -round pick is protected in the top four picks, otherwise, it goes to Oklahoma City as part of a 2019 trade for Russell Westbrook.
- Isaiah Stewart began the contest with an and-one layup, but Jokic’s height advantage against Detroit revealed itself early. He scored Denver’s first 4 points in the paint with relative ease
- Both offenses shot well early to bring the score to 15-14 Nuggets. Detroit began 6-11 shooting and Denver a very efficient 7-9. Stewart and Jokic did not miss a shot in the first five minutes. They both began 4-4 shooting, Stewart with 10 points and Jokic with 9
- A Will Barton transition layup and a Gordon fadeaway helped Denver start a 9-2 run. The Nugget lead was 20-16 before Barton and Gordon scored two consecutive layups to stretch the lead to eight
- Detroit reclaimed their lead 25-24 with a couple threes to obtain a brief 9-0 run. Cade Cunningham then posted up for a nice hook shot, but Bryn Forbes responded with a three to give Denver a 29-27 lead
- DeMarcus Cousins checked in for the first time late in the quarter. He set some great screens and got to the foul line, but nerves might have been present as he air-balled his first jumper and missed two free throws
Score: 30-29 Pistons
NBA roundup: Nuggets win another blowout, this time over Lakers
NBA roundup: Nuggets win another blowout, this time over LakersJeff Green scored a season-high 26 points, Will Barton scored 12, Aaron Gordon and Davon Reed had 11 each and Monte Morris scored 10 for Denver, which has won two straight in blowout fashion. The Nuggets beat the Portland Trail Blazers 140-108 on Thursday.
Dude scores 20 against the g-league pistons . Is Howard part of our rotation next year? Can he be a Clarkson type 6th man?
For all the talk about throwing the game against the Blazers, i think it is improtant to point out that Jokic said that he is against any type of fixing and add that to the fact that he just wants to ply and win every game, i really doubt they will throw it. The Nuggets might lose but won ’t be intentional.
Nikola Jokic scored 35 in defeat for Denver. To kick off what looks like Dallas’ toughest stretch of their young season, the Mavs took advantage of a worn out Nuggets team for their first victory over a team with a winning record.
For Denver, it was of course reigning MVP Nikola Jokic doing most of the damage, pouring in 35 points for the Nuggets . Despite the deluge from Jokic , it’s a good sign that Dallas was able to make him a minus- 1 on the night. It’s not so much indicative of Jokic ’s play, which was great all night, but that the Dallas starting five largely held their own against Denver’s starters
Scoring leaders: Jokic - 10, Stewart - 10
- Bryn Forbes hit a mid-range jumper and Nnaji followed with a three to give Denver a 34-30 lead. DeMarcus Cousins really displayed his physicality with his early minutes. He helped multiple shooters get open from his screens, could not score in his first stint, but his impact was felt
- Layups from Stanley and Lyles plus two Diallo free throws tied the game at 36. Barton answered with a three, and Jokic found Facu for a layup to gain a three point lead 41-38
- Two straight offensive fouls and five turnovers midway through the quarter hindered Detroit’s offense. Denver’s interior defense collapsed well and the rotations on perimeter shooters were on timely and effective
- Davon Reed sank a three as Denver claimed their largest lead of the game 50-40. The Pistons then answered with a Stewart midrange, a smooth Cunningham jumper, and a Corey Joseph three to shift momentum and the score 52-47
- Cunningham hit another mid-range for his 12th point as Detroit climbed within one. Jokic immediately got to the foul line for two free throws but Joseph responded with a layup
- After a Forbes floater, Saddiq Bey hit a three to tie the game at 58. Rivers then hit two free throws to close the scoring for Denver at half, but with five seconds left Cunningham hit another mid-range jumper as the buzzer sounded
Nuggets vs. Jazz: How to watch live stream, TV channel, NBA start time
How to watch Nuggets vs. Jazz basketball gameUtah @ Denver
Recap : Jokic was crucial in the Nuggets ' 121- 117 win over Milwaukee, finishing with 20 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists. It was the first triple-double of his career.
Recap : With his 33-point, 16-assist, 11-rebound performance, Westbrook joined Magic Johnson, Jerry Lucas and Oscar Robertson as the only players in league history to record two triple-doubles in the first three games of a season. 2. Russell Westbrook (Oct.
Scoring leaders: Jokic - 18, Cunningham/Stewart - 14
- Jokic hit his 500th career three-pointer of his career to introduce the second half. Stewart then countered with a three and continued his perfect shooting. He had 16 points on 7-7 shooting to that point
- Denver switched to a zone to force Detroit to shoot outside shots and it worked early in the quarter. Offensively, the Nuggets started to heat up with a Gordon three and a Morris floater to bring the score to 70-64
- The three-point story was abysmal for both teams. The Nuggets shot 6-23 and the Pistons 5-14, but Denver dominated the paint for most of the game, outscoring Detroit 42-28 midway through the third
- Forbes hit his second three of the game for his 10th point and then Reed knocked in his second three as well. At that point, Denver’s bench outscored Detroit’s 25-14 as the Nuggets grabbed a 78-73 lead
- Facu Campazzo then hit a three for his first points of the game, and Forbes sank two free throws to give Denver an eight point lead. Defensively, they forced a couple turnovers that turned in to offense. Detroit committed 15 turnovers through three quarters and 6 alone in the third
- Zeke Nnaji’s three and transition dunk gave Denver their largest lead of the game 90-75. Cousins again made his impact felt by taking a charge, grabbing a couple rebounds, and stealing the pass that ended in the Zeke dunk
Score: 92-76 Nuggets
Recap: Denver’s offense goes cold in the 4th, they lose to the Jazz 125-102
This game was close for three quarters but the Jazz dominated the fourth quarter on both sides of the ballWith this win, Utah remains undefeated within the division. They are now 3-0 against Denver this season and have scored 115+ in each game. The Nuggets kept pace with this high scoring offense for much of the game but Utah controlled the fourth quarter, outscoring Denver 34-14. The Nugget killer Bojan Bogdanovic was back at it again with 21 points on 8-15 shooting. He and Mitchell led the scoring charge tonight as Mitchell was the game’s highest scorer with 31 points.
Scoring leaders: Jokic - 23, Cunningham - 17
- Both teams didn't score for the first minute but Jackson broke the streak with an and-one layup. Facu responded with a wide-open layup for his 9th point on 4-5 shooting and brought the score to 94-79
- Killian Hayes dropped a three and Trey Lyles scored an and-one layup to bring them within seven. The Nugget offense went stagnant following their 94th point. They avoided the paint and went one-on-one too much as the Pistons went on a 12-2 run
- Detroit extended that run with another Lyles and-one layup. They cut the lead to just four on Lyles’s 18th point of the game, but Denver quickly went to Joker in the post to end an 11-0 scoring run
- Austin Rivers gave Denver a little offensive momentum as he scored five straight points for Denver to extend the lead to 103-96. Corey Joseph then glided to the rim for two and Hayes hit another three to cut the lead to just three
- Following a Bey three, Jokic hit a floater and Barton knocked in a three to increase the lead to five. Bey responded with another three as the Pistons made their last four threes
- Corey Joseph tied the game at 109 with a contested floater and would hit another floater following a Jokic layup. With 40 second left, Barton stripped it from Joseph and Bey sent Jokic to the line for two free throws. Denver grabbed a 113-111 lead
- Detroit committed their 21st turnover when Bey stepped out of bounds with 35 seconds left. Austin Rivers influenced the play by fighting over a tough screen and squeezed the open window Bey once had
- Off that turnover, Stewart fouled Jokic. He hit both free throws with 15 seconds left to increase the score to 115-111. Joseph then committed an offensive screening foul to seal the game for Denver
Score: 117-111 Nuggets
Scoring leaders: Jokic - 34, Cunningham/Stewart/Joseph/Lyles - 18
Points: Jokic - 34
Rebounds: Jokic -9
Assists: Jokic/Cunningham - 8
Silent hero of the game: Denver’s bench - 41 points and only 2 turnovers. Forbes and Nnaji led the scoring charge with 12 each. Nnaji, Reed, and Forbes hit two threes apiece
76ers' Joel Embiid focused on 'winning' to be named NBA's MVP .
After finishing as the runner-up in the 2020-21 MVP voting, Embiid is once again a frontrunner for the league's most prestigious individual award.This season, the 76ers big man is once again in the race as a frontrunner alongside reigning MVP Nikola Jokic and about 50 games into the season, the latter holds the lead courtesy of multiple advanced stats.