Tyrann Mathieu 'heartbroken' after not receiving contract offer from Chiefs
The Chiefs elected not to offer Tyrann Mathieu a contract, opting to sign safety Justin Reid instead."Bro, I was depressed," Mathieu told the Kansas City Star. "Heartbroken. Heart. Broken. I could not understand it. I could not, man.
Check out odds, plays and more for the Dallas Cowboys vs. San Francisco 49ers NFC Wild Card matchup on January 16, 2022. © Provided by Sports Illustrated Dec 23, 2021; Nashville, Tennessee, USA; San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (10) throws a pass against the Tennessee Titans during the first half at Nissan Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Steve Roberts-USA TODAY Sports
The NFC Wild Card round will see the Dallas Cowboys battle the San Francisco 49ers.
For more great betting and fantasy insight, join the SI Winners Club Newsletter.
Odds for Cowboys vs. 49ers
View the original article to see embedded media.
- Dallas and its opponents have gone over the current 50.5-point total in nine of 18 games (50%) this season.
- San Francisco and its opponents have combined to score more than 50.5 points in six of 17 games this season.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 56.3, is 5.8 points above Sunday's over/under.
- This contest's total is 7.9 points greater than the 42.6 these two squads combine to surrender per game this season.
- The average total in Cowboys games this season is 50.5, a value equal to Sunday's over/under.
- In 2021, games involving the 49ers have averaged a total of 46.7 points, 3.8 fewer than this game's set over/under.
Cowboys stats and trends
- Dallas is 13-5-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Cowboys have an against the spread record of 10-4 in their 14 games as a favorite of 3 points or more.
- Dallas' games this year have gone over the point total in 50% of its opportunities (nine times in 18 games with a set point total).
- This year, the Cowboys rack up 9.7 more points per game (31.2) than the 49ers surrender (21.5).
- When Dallas scores more than 21.5 points, it is 10-3 against the spread and 9-3 overall.
- The Cowboys average 97.0 more yards per game (407.0) than the 49ers allow per contest (310.0).
- Dallas is 13-2 against the spread and 12-2 overall when the team piles up more than 310.0 yards.
- The Cowboys have 20 giveaways this season, while the 49ers have 20 takeaways.
- Click over to SISportsbook and find the latest spread, moneyline and total for Dallas' matchup with the 49ers.
49ers stats and trends
- San Francisco has nine wins against the spread in 17 games this season.
- This season, the 49ers have two ATS wins in three games as an underdog of 3 points or more.
- San Francisco's games this year have gone over the total in eight out of 17 opportunities (47.1%).
- The 49ers rack up 25.1 points per game, 4.0 more than the Cowboys allow (21.1).
- San Francisco is 8-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall when the team scores more than 21.1 points.
- The 49ers rack up 375.7 yards per game, 24.7 more yards than the 351.0 the Cowboys give up.
- In games that San Francisco picks up more than 351.0 yards, the team is 6-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- The 49ers have 24 giveaways this season, while the Cowboys have 34 takeaways.
Home and road insights
- Dallas is 5-4 against the spread, and 5-4 overall, at home.
- At home, as 3-point favorites or more, the Cowboys are 5-4 ATS.
- In six of nine games at home this year, Dallas has hit the over.
- This season, Cowboys home games average 51.4 points, 0.9 more than this outing's over/under (50.5).
- This season in away games, San Francisco is 5-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall.
- On the road, as 3-point underdogs or more, the 49ers are 3-3 ATS.
- This season, in nine road games, San Francisco has gone over the total four times.
- The average total in 49ers away games this season is 46.1 points, 4.4 fewer than this contest's over/under (50.5).
Powered by Data Skrive.
Colts, two-time All-Pro CB Stephon Gilmore agree to two-year, $23M deal .
During his 10 seasons split between the Bills, Panthers and New England Patriots, Gilmore has made five Pro Bowl rosters and also was named the 2019 AP Defensive Player of the Year. The 31-year-old led the NFL in passes defended and tied for the lead in interceptions the year he won Defensive Player of the Year with 20 and six, respectively. Video: Pelissero explains what led to Stephon Gilmore agreeing to two-year contract with Colts (NFL) Your browser does not support this video In eight games last season, Gilmore recorded 16 tackles, two interceptions and two passes defensed.