Biden to pardon pair of Thanksgiving turkeys, participate in Friendsgiving dinner with troops
Joe Biden will grant presidential reprieve to national Thanksgiving turkey and its alternate during ceremony on White House South Lawn.Biden will grant a presidential reprieve to the lucky gobblers during a ceremony on the White House South Lawn. The event will mark the 75th anniversary of the annual tradition, which ensures the birds won't up as the main course on someone's dinner table.
© Provided by Parade
You'll want to pass your phone around the table along with the sides this year.
Thanksgiving is rife with comedy material. From the signature American gluttony to the widespread ignorance of the darkness in its history to simply having to cope with being around your family, the country's annual turkey-centered November feast has all the ingredients for hilarity.
Whether you usually spend the holidays surrounded by annoying relatives, stress over hosting a Friendsgiving, or just hang out solo with takeout at home (no shame in it, we're all secretly jealous), there are parts of Thanksgiving that are universal, and the worldwide web will make you feel much less alone and help you find the funny in all of it.
Does your state have a favorite Thanksgiving side dish? Google shares popular holiday searches
Green bean or string bean casseroles were favorites across the country, but many states also showed interest in corn, broccoli and potato dishes. Illinois, Maine, Ohio and Wisconsin all chose cheesy options. And sweet potato, yam and butternut squash dishes were popular picks, but Nebraska was the only state that included marshmallows. © Camille Fine camille fine Check out your state’s uniquely searched Thanksgiving casserole below.
Put on your stretchiest sweatpants, grab your gravy boat, and get ready to settle in for some giggles and gobbles: These funny Thanksgiving memes will make you laugh and give thanks for the wonders of the Internet.
Funny Thanksgiving Memes
1. Pilgrims be like...
2. Moms, we see you.
3. Nothing comes between us and our carbs.
4. What do colonizers and COVID have in common?
5. This is also a great way to have extra room around you at the table during Thanksgiving dinner.
Related: Thanksgiving Presidential Turkey Pardon: When Did the Tradition Begin and Which President Started It?
6. Hopefully with boosters, this will be minimized!
7. PRO TIP: Just ask how they're doing.
8. We're already broke by the third row.
9. You can just hear this, can't you?
10. Solid advice for Spider-Man baddies.
Related: 30+ Thanksgiving Movies for Kids That the Whole Family Will Enjoy on Turkey Day
How did turkey get so popular, anyway?
And which slice of pie are you putting on your plate? It's a special Thanksgiving Short List. Let's dig in before the food coma sets in.???? Gobble gobble! Laura Davis here, wishing you all health and happiness on Thanksgiving – and every day.
11. This may be the only way to keep the peace on Thanksgiving.
12. Stuffing is still>>>>>>.
13. Apparently there's a cemetery on Sesame Street.
14. Life is really unfair sometimes.
15. You should never regret more pie.
Related: 50 Fun Family Thanksgiving Games to Play with Your Favorite Turkeys After the Feast
17. Grogu would have a field day at a Thanksgiving feast.
18. This is all of us the Wednesday afternoon before Thanksgiving.
19. Vegans on the last Thursday of every November.
20. Get artistic.
21. Stretching is important!
22. Where's the lie though?
23. Mac and cheese heads, we love you.
24. There's always room for one more.
25. We bet you had to look twice!
Related: 40 Easy Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids to Make Leading Up to Turkey Day
Happy Thanksgiving 2022 Wishes, Messages and Greetings
The holiday is observed on the fourth Thursday in November, typically by large meal with a roast turkey. Here are some messages you can share.Each year, it is observed on the fourth Thursday in November, typically by large family gathering to have a meal that has a roast turkey at the center of it. The turkey is usually accompanied with stuffing with onions and celery, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, dinner rolls, corn, pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. But each family puts its own spin on the Thanksgiving meal.
26. The food is sometimes the only true incentive.
27. You either have these relatives or you are these relatives.
28. A noble cause.
29. ...No giblet.
30. You can't kill this appetite.
31. Mariah Carey's Christmas spirit kicks in on November 1, but that doesn't mean we don't love Thanksgiving, too!
32. The struggle is real.
33. We've all been there!
34. Or ask for chicken nuggets.
35. Worth it.
Related: Gobble, Gobble! 17 Cheap, Easy Thanksgiving DIY Craft Ideas to Wow Your Guests
184 years ago, an American poet created a Thanksgiving myth we still believe today
Have you ever wondered why Thanksgiving revolves around turkey and not ham, chicken, venison, beef, or corn? A little-known poet may hold the key.Have you ever wondered why Thanksgiving revolves around turkey and not ham, chicken, venison, beef, or corn?
36. Here's hoping we have fewer virtual turkey dinners this year and more in-person feasts!
37. This is all of us.
38. You show 'em, grandma.
39. Ina Garten is a national treasure.
40. Je suis Dory.
Related: 30 DIY Thanksgiving Decorations That’ll Make All Your Guests Smile
41. Yes. Cute.
42. Trolls, we see you.
43. I wish I had this problem!
44. When you need something a little stronger than tryptophan...
45. We're thankful for short graces!
46. Yes, this one is dark, but it's pretty true.
47. Let the rants begin.
48. We feel seen.
49. This seems pretty cozy, too.
50. Get ready for Black Friday.
Next, before carving the turkey, let’s answer all of your Thanksgiving questions!
Watch Putin breathe heavily during meeting with moms of fallen soldiers .
Watch Putin breathe heavily during meeting with moms of fallen soldiers